Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the oregon trail




With a couple days to spare I am pleased to announce the arrival of spring cocktails at Perennial. Based on popular demand, and threats from Emily and some other Boka group employees and guests, some of the cocktails have been carried over that remain seasonally relevant. I ended up keeping one of my faves on the list as sort of a 'happy trails' listing. The inspiration for this one came after my last trip to Portland, which ultimately has lead me to pick up and move there. I look forward to immersing myself in the local culinary and cocktail scene, which is quite progressive, as well as working hands-on at some of my favorite distilleries and wineries. So with that in mind here's a tasty concoction that I hope to prepare for tipplers in the Pacific Northwest very soon.

Oregon Woods

1.5 oz Ransom Old Tom gin
.75 oz Zurbenz Stone Pine liqueur
1 oz fresh lemon juice
.5 oz simple syrup
dash angosturra bitters
egg white

add white of one egg to shaker tin, building syrups and juices first followed by potables and bitters. dry shake for 5-10 seconds with whisk from hawthorne shaker. remove whisk, add ice, and shake vigorously until a nice frost appears on outside of shaker tin. strain into coupe glass and garnish with three drops of angosturra bitters and one smacked sage leaf.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if you learned how to spell Zirbenz, I'd take you and the blog more seriously. Gotems.

    ReplyDelete